Let’s say your company is in several countries in the world and divides work tasks by multi-country regional divisions set in the US and the APAC region. But, on the other hand, you have sales and marketing teams divided by region, not by their individual countries. In this case, you should consider getting Marketo Workspace and Lead Partitions. Workspace contains master folders that separate marketing assets and leads of your company based on regional teams, multiple divisions, and channel partners. Workspace is also multi-functional as it holds smart lists, segmentations, landing pages, and past and current marketing campaigns.
WHAT ARE some of the challenges cOMPANIES EXPERIENCE WheN THEY DON’t implement workspace and person partitions?
Data Management Between All Partitions Is Needed
When companies send out approximately one million emails per week and don’t use workspace or person partitions, it can get very complicated to track. The main challenge is how can companies make sure that each email message was sent out to the correct email address in their specific region. In other words, the US email campaign might have different content than what the APAC email campaign contains. This is where Marketo person partitions come in handy for data management in organising prospects, attendees, and crew communication based on their specific region. Although company information is kept confidential in various databases, all data needs to be kept separate from each regional sub-division.
New Smart Lists Need to Be Created to Help Mark Cross-Travellers
Companies face a big challenge when they have thousands of email addresses from the APAC region and a whole heap of email addresses from the US. You can imagine, it can get complicated on how to organise all of them. That’s why it’s important to separate leads based on their geographical region. This is where creating a new smart list in a new partition is useful. For example, when your company receives an abundance of US email addresses, it needs to be added to a new workspace and partition exclusively assigned to the US subsidiary. But smart lists are flexible, and partitions can be changed over where members of the US sales team can transfer US contacts over to a cross-travellers smart list. In a cross-travellers smart list, members of the APAC region can then access the US smart list of contacts.
International companies who use workspace and person partitions also use MUV as their integration between Marketo and NetSuite. However, one of the biggest challenges companies face are duplicate issues due to the work space and partitions integration. Duplicate issues can amount to roughly 1.5K per week. For example, a company can experience duplicate issues with the same details that come from different countries listed in Netsuite and Marketo.
WHAT ARE THE benefits COMPANIES EXPERIENCE WheN THEY use workspace and person partitions?
Companies who implement workspace with partitions, experience a large boost in capturing lead collection in each assigned region. Other benefits of using workspace and person partitions include:
- Prevent unwanted campaigns from getting sent to designated leads, contacts, and current consumers.
- Create a more relevant experience for Marketo users based on their assigned region.
- Organise reporting and data management for instant-access.
- Marketing and sales teams get a high-level view of what’s going on internally based on their assigned workspace.
- Sales process becomes quicker because sales teams can now contact current leads and customers assigned to their region.
WHAT ARE The POSSIBLE Outcomes when companies use workspace and person partitions?
Companies enjoy the initial outcome of using workspace and person partitions by improving the overall organisation of their database. Here are some of the other outcomes:
- Companies gain a new workspace and partitions that will hold newly created leads and cross-travellers.
- With each region assigned to its own workspace, sales and marketing teams are assigned their roles and permission documents. They have the tools to make informed decisions when deciding user permissions.
- Lead flow can change based on each workspace, enabling customised treatment of each lead and a different scoring model.
- Companies learn how to manage different workspace, partitions, and set up permissions for US, APAC and other regions in the future.
- During the workspace and partitions integration process, companies must comply with each countries’ spam and privacy laws.
Do you think workspace and person partitions are helpful for international companies? Let’s set up Marketo workspace and person partitions for your company to help organise all your sub-divisions in each region. The better organised your smart lists and marketing campaigns are, the easier to seal the deal with customers in each geographical region. That means a substantial increase on the overall ROI!